Blackjack Basic Strategy - Splitting Hands
When a player roleta online gets a splitting pair as an initial hand, it means that s/he gets more chances for winning. Moreover, it means that a player has a chance to win more money because his/her bets will be bigger in this case.
What is a splitting pair? A splitting pair is two identical cards you receive as an initial hand at blackjack, for example two 5's or two 7's. When you have such a situation you are welcome to split them and continue playing with two separate hands. But do not forget to make a bet on your second hand too!
How to Split
It is important to remember that it is not as easy to split pairs as it seems to be: special rules exist that tell a player what step to make next, which cards are allowed to split and which - not. Moreover, some casinos allow re-splitting: if you have two 7's for example and you receive one more 7's as an additional card you have a right to split 7's again and play with three different hands now.
But remember the following facts:
- Not all casinos allow re-splitting of Aces.
- Many casinos allow you to hit only once after splitting Aces.
- Some casinos do not allow doubling down after splitting.
So, be sure that you know all rules of the casino when you come there to play blackjack.
Strategy of Splitting
Depending on what cards you have as a pair, basic blackjack strategy tells you to do the following steps:
- 2's, 3's and 7's - split them if a dealer's card is 2-7. Otherwise - hit!
- 4's - split them only if a dealer has 5 or 6. Usually, players do not split 4's because they have good chances to improve a hand with one additional card only.
- 6's - split them if a dealer has 2-6. Otherwise - hit!
- 8's and Aces - always split them!
- 9's - split if a dealer has 2-6; stand if a dealer has 7-10 or an Ace.
- 5's and 10's - never split them!